Marketing of SOHNA edible products.
The Punjab State Co-op Supply & Marketing Federation Ltd. (PUNJAB MARKFED) is one of Asia's largest Marketing Cooperative. Markfed is also engaged in marketing of agri-produce like processed fruits & vegetables, Vanaspati & Refined Oils, Mustard Oil, Honey, Spices, Rice, Tea and markets many more products under the brand name "SOHNA". Punjab Markfed, is known for its commitment for strict quality management. Markfed is promoting farmers through contract farming of Sarson ka Saag, Palak, Methi etc. with local growers in Jalandhar Distt. By giving them financial benefits. Markfed is also promoting Farmers produce like FAPRO, Unati etc. by procuring products from them and market under SOHNA brand.
1. MARKFED BOOTHS:
Markfed initially decided to open 110 Markfed booths, for strengthening sales network and providing self employment to unemployed youth. At present, 66 such booths have been constructed & Sale has already been started.
2. MARKFED BAZAARS
with a view to expand the market base, Markfed has started its own retail chain in the name of “Markfed Bazaar” at Sector 16 & 22 Chandigarh, Amritsar, Ludhiana & Jalandhar. In order to increase the footfall and to fulfil the daily needs of customers at a single point, Markfed has started sale of other than SOHNA products (i.e. grocery items) at all Markfed Bazaars as a pilot project.
3. E-COMMERCE SALES:
• Markfed is selling SOHNA products through Big basket in Chandigarh tricity & Delhi.
• Markfed is selling its products through e-commerce sites like Bhejo, Swadeshi Dukan etc.
4. PACS, DISTRIBUTORS & RETAILERS :
• The total number of Distributors for SOHNA products has reached 328.
• The total number of retailers associated with SOHNA products are more than 3000.
• Markfed has also appointed 56 PDS Ration Depots as distributor of SOHNA products in the state of Punjab.
• Markfed has appointed C&FA at Jammu (for J&K) and Damtal (H.P.) and sale has been started in these areas for edible and non-edible products.
• Jawahar Navodya Vidayala
• Govt. Schools
• NIS, Law College, Patiala
• NAFED, CPC Canteens (Delhi, Chandigarh, Solan, Shimla, Jaipur & Ajmer)
• PGIMER, Panjab University, CITCO, Verka booths, Golf Club, MLA hostel, Dr. Ambedkar Institute of Hotel Mgmt., Civil Secretariat Punjab, Punjab Coop. Bank, Chaitanya Hospital, Social Security Deptt., Hospitality deptt. etc.
6. MoU WITH OTHER STATES/DEPARTMENTS:
• Markfed has signed MoU with MILKFED for sale of SOHNA products through Verka Booths in Chandigarh, Punjab & Delhi. Now associated with approx. 250 Verka booths.
• Markfed has signed MoU with Jail Department Punjab for supply of SOHNA products like edible oils & sale has been started.
• Added four outlets of NAFED Stores for sale of SOHNA products in Delhi.
• Markfed has also started sale of SOHNA edible products at retail outlets of Coop. Sugar Mills of Sugarfed.
7. ADVERTISEMENT OF SOHNA PRODUCTS through various modes:
• Branding campaign on social media sites like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter since 2016.
• Branding on Markfed booths.
• Display of Glow Sign Boards & flex Boards on the shops of dealers & retailers in Punjab, Haryana & Chandigarh.
• Actively participation and display of SOHNA products during stalls at India International Trade Fair New Delhi, Agrotech at Chandigarh, Annapoorna at Mumbai, Military Literature Festival at Chandigarh, Chandigarh Cyclothon, PITEX at Amritsar, Parvasi Bhartiya Divas, , Rose festival at Chandigarh, Kisan Melas etc.
• Print media campaign and Radio campaign for the promotion of SOHNA edible products.
• Advertisement through Video commercial of SOHNA edible products in Cinemas across Punjab and Chandigarh.
8. New Initiatives:
• Markfed has appointed consultant to provide TEFR for setting up 80 TPD new Vanaspati plant at Markfed Vanaspati & Allied Industries, Khanna.
• Process is on, to appoint a Consultant for setting up new Atta Mill of 100 TPD capacity.
• Since Markfed has entered in the field of pulses, new machinery like color sortex, automatic packing & filling line for pulses, are also being installed.
• In order to augment the existing capacity to pack Mustard Oil, Markfed has installed filly automatic bottle filling and capping line at its Khanna plant which has increased its capacity by 4 times.
• Markfed is in the process of signing MOU with M/s PAGRO to introduce frozen peas and vegetables under SOHNA brand.
• Markfed is in a process to appoint Distributors across India.